How to Wash Pillows: 17 Steps (with Pictures)
Pillow is the main part of a bed while you want to have a good night sleep.
Without the pillow, it is impossible to rest or sleep peacefully though some don’t need the pillow, it is a rare case. I like my pillow to be soft and cozy. For the whole night, I sleep with it tight in my arms and head and by the way I need two pillows.
But the pillow has to be clean and hygienic. You may the say I wash the cover daily or day after or frequently, well man I am talking about washing pillow not cover.
Because the stuff inside the pillow needs to get washed not frequently but once in a year is the must.
The stuff inside the pillow gets affected by dust and mites. These are responsible for allergies and scabies. So, to be hygiene and get the clean pillow, you need to know about how to wash pillow.
You can wash bed sheet and cover daily but pillow needs to be clean just once or twice. Now you may think it may be a big tough job to clean a pillow but trust me it is just a piece of cake.
Just follow the methods and get a clean and soft pillow.
How To wash pillows like a boss
Here I will talk about my washing process of my pillows. I wash my pillows in the washing machine. As I am allergic to dust mite, I have to wash my pillows 3-4 times in a year.
This helps my pillows the to be clean and free from dust mite.
If you are not allergic then you can wash your pillows 1-2 times in a year.You will see your white pillows are getting yellowish for getting stained.
I use washing powder to get rid of the yellow stain.
Here what I do with my pillows in my washing machine
- I don’t give my pillows all at once to wash. The machine will make your pillows crashed and your pillow will not get washed properly. So, take time while washing pillows. Wash one at a time if the size is big.
- After washing make sure to rinse the pillow not only once but again and again. This helps to get rid of the washing powder you are using gets off from the pillow completely.
- Heard about laundry balls? Well, try them while washing pillows. This ball using method helps the pillow to get dry fast and prevents clump. You can use woolen and tennis ball while washing.
- I dry my pillows direct under the sun. it helps to dry naturally and keeps the pillow normal and fit.
- I use powder and liquid detergent both. But if I use powder, I don’t just pour the powder into the machine. I use water and mix the powder and then use it in the machine.
Here is my process of washing my pillows
After the wash, my pillows get fluffy and cozy more than before. But it is not necessary to follow my process.
You can wash pillows in any method you want. Here I will tell about 17 steps to wash your pillow. Yes, 17 steps.
So, sit back and read carefully, after all, it is all about your hygiene and sleep.
Aside from washing your pillows need some care like –
- Fluff your pillows on daily basis to keep the pillow shape proper and eliminate dust. Try to give pillows a sunbath for some hours on a sunny day. This will keep pillows free from any mite or insects.
- Remember washing pillows frequently ruins the shape and durability. So, wash it once or twice in a year. While washing makes sure to wash gently.
- After washing dry the pillow perfectly. Because if not your pillow will grow fungus and turn the pillow in a waste.
The 17 Steps of Washing Pillows
Now for the methods of washing pillows. Hope these methods will help you to keep your pillow clean and soft.
So here is a total guideline on how to wash pillows. It is not so tough as it sounds, right?
Just make sure you know the material of the pillow and all information about it. If you don’t you will get a tore pillow after washing it.
So, read the label of your pillow and make sure of what type of washing your pillow requires.
As we sleep for a long time in our bed, our sweat, dead skin makes our bed and pillow unhygienic. These led us to many sicknesses like allergies, asthma, and scabies etc.
so it is required to wash the pillow once or twice in a year and the sheet daily or frequently.
This step will keep us healthy and have sound sleep with your favorite pillow by your side.
Featured Image: Pixabay
In-post Image: https://www.cleanmama.net, https://cdn.decoist.com, https://thumbnails-visually.netdna-ssl.com, m.dhgate.com, www.wayfair.com, https://schweitzerlinen.com, ambiancehome.ca, www.lodidownandfeather.com,www.groupon.com, www.potterybarnkids.com, https://sleepsugar.com, https://www.urbandecor.com.au, www.thespruce.com, www.kathmandu.com.au, savvyrest.com, synapticsleep.com.au, www.westelm.com, https://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com, www.heitonbuckley.ie