Looking for a backpack which could satisfy all your needs and makes you stylish too. You have come to the right place.
Backpacks or rucksacks are used during traveling or by young school kids. The most trending backpacks are either the shoulder strap backpack or the rolling backpack.
Rolling backpacks for colleges are typically used by kids who have to carry a dozen of stuff and carrying it on a shoulder strap can be troublesome.
While one must be in a dilemma to choose between shoulder strap or the rolling backpack, we would discuss every prospect in detail.
Comparison Table of Rolling Backpacks For College
J World New York Sunrise Rolling Backpack
Best Sellers Rank
Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 12.5 x 8 inches
Manufacturer: J World New York
Fansela(TM) Unisex Vintage Cool Canvas College Backpack
Best Sellers Rank
Product Dimensions: 11 x 5.9 x 18.1 inches
Rockland Luggage 19 Inch Rolling Backpack
Best Sellers Rank
Product Dimensions: 19 x 13 x 10 inches
Rolling Backpacks for College - 2017 Reviews and Top Picks
At A Glance: Our Choices for The Rolling Backpacks for College
These are exactly the ones, every kid would love to have. They are designed to contemplate all the necessary requirements any user would have and have been a consideration. These bags have been able to withstand any test given to them. So, before buying any backpacks, these should be the priority above all.
Why should you trust us?
We have put over 40 hours and tested over 30 brands by putting the product to the extreme point of torture and having thought of every possible situation one could generally face while using backpacks.
Throwing the bag off a cliff etc. these are some of the methods that we have used to crush all the opinions which can be used against us.
We have gone to the leading material expert to check the durability, the quality of the material is used in making of the backpack.
Every backpack has been transferred to different kinds of people so that they could share their experience and as per opinions, more test can be done. Test as deep as at the molecular level were conducted.
How we tested?
Heavy rain, strong winds, all the bags were exposed to see whether they could retain their characteristic appearance or not.
In the case of rolling bags, the emphasis was done on the rigidity of the wheels and exoskeleton. The wheels must have high mobility when they have stumbled across any obstacle.
High, uneven terrains which were the best place to test how the wheels would performance.For easier conditions, the backpack was dragged around for more than 5 kilometers to check the damage on the wheels due to friction.
The exoskeleton was struck with heavy objects like hammer etc to see if any crevices or cracks and to assess how the backpack would work in easier real-life situations.
The focus was given to the places where the backpack faces a high amount of stress and the ways to avoid it.
The problem with rolling backpacks is that when they are taken hold of from handle and the handle faces any kind of a sudden jerk, the handle tends to break down easily so an adequate amount of focus was given onto the handle of the backpack when it was taken through the terrains.
Zipper test was conducted where all the zips were opened and closed simultaneously for more than 2000 times.
The rolling backpacks were dropped from all sides from a certain height to assess the amount of stress it inflicts on the exoskeleton.
The backpacks were swung around with the corners hitting a metal plate to test the reliability of the handle and the corner where the stress is maximum.
The rolling backpack was made to fall from a certain number of steps in a barrel. This was done to check any appreciable damage to the baggage as a whole unit.
The lock test was conducted by continuously for 10000 cycles to check its durability.Now it's time to take the torture to an easier level.
Now the test is conducted are in real life situations. Every compartment was tested by filling with different types of gear for best use and after through testing, the best way was decided so that the backpack so that it could contemplate the needs of different kinds of user.
Weight is a determining factor in this decision and hence after it was noted in each backpack, a number of gears packed in it to cause a quite a bit of pain on the user.
And in the end, each backpack was taken on an 8-kilometer hike, to show its rigidity and noting the parts which showed considerable symptoms of damage.
Fansela(TM) Unisex Vintage Cool Canvas College Backpack Rucksack Fit 13-Inch Laptop
This is the best backpack for those who don't need to carry tons of books. Those only who need to accommodate only some gear which is of utmost importance then this is the best one for them. Its dimensions are
- 11 inches
- 5.9 inches
- 18.1 inches
And the compartments are well organized including the front compartment.Apart from the traditional mobile compartment, it provides the compartment for wallet and phone on the inside to protect your valuables from being stolen.
- The leather is the major material used for the production of the bag and it is of the very good quality which makes it durable enough to able to support one's gears during hiking or trekking. One of another prospect is the appealing price.
- The other side to buying this is that it is so small that it could only hold a 13-inch laptop like Macbook air. It does not have the enough capacity to hold a standard 15.6-inch laptop.
- The bottom portion of the bag is quite thin so there is a chance that high amount of force can tear the bag and since it is leather, the chances of this happening are very low as it is of good quality but nevertheless, it is one aspect that cannot be undermined.
Rockland Luggage 19 Inch Rolling Backpack Printed
It is one of the rolling backpacks which has the capacity for containing an average person would require and that too in a well-organized way. Its dimensions are
- 19 inch
- 13 inches
- 10 inch
Which is just enough to hold a standard size laptop. For rolling, it is incorporated into a single Aluminium handle.
- The Skate wheels allow the backpack to be maneuvered with minimum efforts and that too with style.
- It is built with a laptop compartment which ensures the safety of the laptop and It also has a side mesh pocket which just opens the way to accommodate more stuff.
- It also has a warranty of 3 years which is very reasonable considering its price for about 34 dollars.The backside to this is that it is made of polyester which can also resist water for up to an extent and the handle can become a quite a bit of problem if the continuous amount of high force is inflicted upon it.
Mozone Large Lightweight Water Resistant College School Laptop Backpack Travel Bag
The cool and stylish appearance appeals to the customer which makes it more inclined towards it. The large size
- 18.5 inches
- 7 inches
- 12 inches
And fully padded cushion zone is the perfect place to keep your laptop.
- Made from ultra durable material which is pretty water resistant, but with its additional rain cover, it becomes 100% waterproof. Also, keeps the backpack clean during airport checking if one intends to carry it alongside which is not a big situation to handle as it is designed to keep the durability expected in every real life situation one can think of.
- The extra padded shoulder straps can be a real life saver when one intends to keep some heavy stuff in it. The only thing that is disappointing is the fact the brand hasn't created the same variant as for a rolling backpack. For average weight in the backpack. This thing couldn't be any sweeter as it contains the perfect blend of everything one could think of.
After conducting the following testing, after this tedious process that took our heart and soul, we have picked our top contender in this expanding global market.
The Rockland backpack is the most suitable for a college kid. The stylish and extravagance it brings upon for the user is not a small thing which can be neglected.
So the winner of this Review is ROCKLAND BACKPACK. And the runner-up is awarded to Mozone College. No variant as a rolling backpack is the only thing which brings it down to the 2nd position.
Care to Look Out for: The ones which are definitely one of the best but that doesn't mean there aren't any who aren't good.
The rising market introduces us to the growing brands and the following brands are also in a class of their own.